Re: dracut and grub2-mkconfig hang indefinitely in rawhide, in uninterruptable sleep - 20180128

On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 18:57:01 -0700
stan <stanl-fedorauser@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Jan 2018 01:34:38 +0100
> Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Hi Stan! One *possible* source of this might be a recent glibc
> > change:
> >
> > * Fri Jan 19 2018 Björn Esser <besser82@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> -
> > 2.26.9000-46
> > - Remove deprecated libcrypt, gets replaced by libxcrypt
> >
> > you could try downgrading to a glibc from before that and see if it
> > helps? Only a possibility, though. Thanks!

> The libxcrypt info says
>
> ... programs linked against libxcrypt
> will not work with glibc's libcrypt ...
>
> I think that means an earlier glibc might cause problems with
> libxcrypt installed, since programs must be linked against it, though
> I'll still try it.

I had second thoughts about this, worried about bricking my machine.
But, as I wrote Chris, the problem is in the automatic routing of
command output to less, like systemd does.  Not sure why bash would
suddenly start doing this.  There is no issue with dracut or
grub2-mkconfig themselves.