Re: dracut and grub2-mkconfig hang indefinitely in rawhide, in uninterruptable sleep - 20180128

On Sun, 2018-01-28 at 11:49 -0700, stan wrote:
> Just compiled a custom kernel.  When I tried to create a custom
> initramfs, the job seemed to create the file, but hung indefinitely in
> D status, with call_r.  Trying to recreate the grub.cfg file by running
> grub2-mkconfig also went into uninterruptable sleep.  When I ran this
> two weeks ago (20180114), both were working fine.  Not sure what is at
> fault here.  Anyone else seeing this?

Hi Stan! One *possible* source of this might be a recent glibc change:

* Fri Jan 19 2018 Björn Esser <besser82@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 2.26.9000-46
- Remove deprecated libcrypt, gets replaced by libxcrypt

you could try downgrading to a glibc from before that and see if it helps?
Only a possibility, though. Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey