Re: dracut and grub2-mkconfig hang indefinitely in rawhide, in uninterruptable sleep - 20180128

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 11:49 AM, stan <stanl-fedorauser@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just compiled a custom kernel.  When I tried to create a custom
> initramfs, the job seemed to create the file, but hung indefinitely in
> D status, with call_r.  Trying to recreate the grub.cfg file by running
> grub2-mkconfig also went into uninterruptable sleep.  When I ran this
> two weeks ago (20180114), both were working fine.  Not sure what is at
> fault here.  Anyone else seeing this?

I did a bunch of kernel bisecting Friday and Saturday and haven't run
into this. I'm not totally certain I had the same versions you're
running, what I have now:

4.14.14-300.fc27.x86_64
dracut-046-92.git20180118.fc28.x86_64
grub2-tools-2.02-24.fc28.x86_64

Also I'm using enforcing=0 because I'm getting so many avc and audit
500MB in like two days. And due to a new kernel bug in 4.15, hence the
bisecting, I'm running kernel 4.14. I just did dracut -f and
grub2-mkconfig with this combination and it works fine.

--
Chris Murphy