Re: Duplicated conflicting packages after failed dnf system-upgrade from 26 to 27

On Wed, 2017-10-18 at 08:07 -0700, stan wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 09:45:52 -0000
> Marcin Zajączkowski <mszpak@xxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I will try `dnf distro-sync`, I would prefer to do not install it
> > from scratch.
> >
> > In the meantime I removed all F27 packages with `rpm` do get rid of
> > conflicts. However, it brought me to another issue with CA and curl
> > ("curl error: Problem with the SSL CA cert (path access rights?)")
> > and the fact that `update-ca-trust` doesn't see glibc in the proper
> > version...
>
> If you removed *all* F27 packages, then it is unlikely that distro-sync
> will work to upgrade to F27.  It will distro-sync back to F26.  dnf has
> to think that it is a version of F27 needing distro-sync to get it to
> upgrade to F27.

That's not really how distro-sync works. It doesn't magically determine
the release to 'sync', it does it like any other dnf command: it gets
the info from fedora-release, or can be overridden with '--releasever'.
So you can just do 'dnf --releasever=27 distro-sync'.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey