Re: Duplicated conflicting packages after failed dnf system-upgrade from 26 to 27

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 1:50 AM, Marcin Zajączkowski <mszpak@xxxxx> wrote:
Hello guys. I was upgrading Fedora with the system-upgrade plugin from 26 to 27. The upgrade process failed for unknown reasons (during the packages installing), my computer rebooted and I'm not able to use my Fedora :).

I booted up with LiveCD, chrooted to my broken Fedora and I tried to resume the upgrade process. Unfortunately there is a lot (>200) conflicting packages (for Fedora 26 and 27). I tried to use "dnf remove --duplicated", however it would like to remove also all dependent packages.

Q. What can I resume update/upgrade process having duplicated packages with DNF (install new packages and remove all)?

Marcin

Honestly if it crashed during system upgrade, it might be easiest to perform a clean F27 installation (keep your existing /home partition, or move the user data to an external drive and back).

However, I'd be very interested to see a log of the upgrade process, to determine why it failed. Could you file a bug against dnf-plugin-system-upgrade, link it here, and attach journalctl output of the upgrade process ("journalctl -b $number" when chrooted, where $number can be discovered from "journalctl --list-boots") and /var/log/dnf*.log in it? Thanks.