Re: Duplicated conflicting packages after failed dnf system-upgrade from 26 to 27

On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 01:50:03 +0200
Marcin Zajączkowski <mszpak@xxxxx> wrote:

> Hello guys. I was upgrading Fedora with the system-upgrade plugin
> from 26 to 27. The upgrade process failed for unknown reasons (during
> the packages installing), my computer rebooted and I'm not able to
> use my Fedora :).
>
> I booted up with LiveCD, chrooted to my broken Fedora and I tried to
> resume the upgrade process. Unfortunately there is a lot (>200)
> conflicting packages (for Fedora 26 and 27). I tried to use "dnf
> remove --duplicated", however it would like to remove also all
> dependent packages.
>
> Q. What can I resume update/upgrade process having duplicated
> packages with DNF (install new packages and remove all)?

I thought there was a dnf complete-transaction command, but I can't
find it.

You could try the distro-sync command.  If the transaction installed
the fedora-release packages for F27, dnf should sync to F27.  Those
are among the first packages installed, IIRC, so if it got even part
way done, those should be there.

dnf distro-sync