Re: dnf segfaulting on 32-bit

On Sat, 2017-07-22 at 01:31 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
> Bug 1394862's status is CLOSED ERRATA. According to
> http://www.dictionary.com/browse/errata?s=t
> errata means:
>
> "1.plural of erratum.
> 2.a list of errors and their corrections inserted, usually on a separate page or
> slip of paper, in a book or other publication; corrigenda."
>
> Knowing that definition, I expect a web search to find me a list describing
> something about the state of whatever package, applicable to the not yet
> released Fedora 26, contains a fix for that bug, but searching found me no such
> list. :-(
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/page.cgi?id=fields.html#bug_status states a bug with
> status ERRATA has a fix that "is available", but I suspect that for this bug and
> many others, such status has been applied prematurely/prospectively, confirming
> propriety of some kind of available status list.

Neither of those is the correct reference; in fact the
bugzilla.redhat.com page *specifically states* that it is not the
correct reference for Fedora bugs. The correct reference for Fedora
bugs is https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/BugStatusWorkFlow :

"Once a bug has been fixed and included in a new package in rawhide or
the updates repo it should be closed. For a stable or Branched release,
the resolution ERRATA should be used. For Rawhide, the resolution
RAWHIDE should be used."

ERRATA just means there was an update (that is, a Bodhi update) that
fixed the bug.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey