Re: keyboard producing diacritics (acute accent, dot-above, cedilla-below)

Stan,

Thanks for your response.

Text widgets like email in Firefox and various sites, including bugzilla.redhat.com. Sigh.

Except for the fact that this is a rawhide system, it's been quite stable. This system has a lot of the package groups installed. I did this to look for package and packagemanagement bugs. I did the group installs "with optional" right after I did the install. The problem didn't appear until later, a couple of weeks ago.

I am sure it's something in the system because I rarely use Opera. I am a fairly heavy user of Firefox. They used to have an option for "Western" encoding but that has gone away and the view->text encoding seems adamant on "unicode", autodetect is off. Also, I removed as much of KDE related files (.kde* .config* .gtk* .cache* .gnome*) from my userid and then started kde freshly. Either I missed a file or it's not KDE. I'm going to try both with WindowMaker.

The keyboard is a USB HP version and has "US" on the back... I haven't swapped out the keyboard yet though. I'm grasping at straws.

Thanks again for your response.

George...