Re: keyboard producing diacritics (acute accent, dot-above, cedilla-below)

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 13:21:58 +0000 (UTC)
George R Goffe <grgoffe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> System is Fedora 27 x86_64 (rawhide), fully up to date with the
> rawhide repo.

[snip]

> Firefox and Opera are producing diacritics (acute accent, dot-above,
> cedilla-below) when I type in text windows. Other apps such as
> konsole seem to work just fine and I have not seen this problem
> elsewhere.
> Any/all hints/tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I was just using firefox in a fully updated rawhide, and I didn't see
this at all.  What specifically do you mean by 'text windows'?  I
assume you mean input dialogs, like the url line, etc. .  It is probably
a setting you have somewhere, but I don't know where that would be. Have
you looked in the configuration for firefox or opera to see if somehow
something changed the defaults?