Re: F26 doesn't wake up after updates

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 11:40:28 -0400, Richard Ryniker wrote:

> I have found some problems with resume from suspended state to be much
> improved after I switched to "GNOME on xorg".  It is too soon  to
> conclude they will not recur, but several days have passed without
> difficulty.

It has worked for me for a very long time. AFK, then GNOME Shell
blank screen power saving kicks it after some time (10 mins or so
as customized in the settings), and when I return, I can unlock the
screen, enter password and continue without problems. One of the updates
has introduced breakage.

Meanwhile, I've installed F26 Workstation from Live USB, and after
rebooting, I arrive at the login screen, but after typing in the password,
the system freezes completely. Empty screen, grey background from display
manager, mouse pointer in the middle of the screen, no response at all
anymore. Haven't given it another try yet. In any way, it's some embarrassing
instability in some component.