Re: more things like critpath?

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 11:17:02AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Also I have a request to make a drop-in-files thing which I hope will
> > be easier for packagers than dealing with wiki categories, which seems
> > to be a barrier.
> Erf. At some point I have to push back against all the wiki hate. The
> wiki basically *is* a bunch of text files, after all. I'm frankly
> refusing to believe that typing this into a test case page:
>
> [[Category:Package_foobar_test_cases]]
>
> is too difficult for people to handle, and that some random text file
> somewhere (yet *another* process to document and for people to forget
> about keeping working) would be better.

I'll put the relative dearth of test cases using the wiki model as
exhibit A. And, the category thing isn't _really_ that simple:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:SOP_package_test_plan_creation#Simple_.28required.29_categorization
is *definitely* the level to which someone who isn't working with
mediawiki categories and probably our SOP for this in general might
just say... never mind. And I'm not even talking about the "Advanced
(optional) categorization".

> > More wiki categories? :)
>
> Well, no, that wouldn't work, as we don't have one wiki page per
> criterion. I did sort of intend that the names of the anchor links in
> the criteria pages (each criterion has an anchor link) should never
> change and can reliably be used to refer to 'the same criterion' (even
> if we change the wording of the criterion), but we've never really made
> that an official thing, it's mostly just in my head so far. tflink has
> long had ideas about somehow handling the release criteria through a
> different system (possibly blockerbugs), but never had time for it, I
> don't think.

blockerbugs as in living in (or at least exposed through) that app, or
actually in bugzilla as trees of dependencies?

But anyway, the anchor links are a *little* fragile, but maybe could
work. But why _not_ have one page per criterion? (Transcluded in one
big page, if that's important for convenience?)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>