Re: Testing requests: blocker bug confirmations

On Tue, 2017-04-25 at 17:33 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 08:25:06 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
>
> > > For me it's Fedora 25 x86_64 that suffers badly from the tab crashing
> > > problem. Upon visiting ordinary newspaper articles, such as
> > >
> > >   http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/nordkorea-feiert-seine-armee-fotostrecke-146898.html
> > >
> > > I get "Gah. Your tab just crashed.", and the following SELinux Alert.
> > > Is it related?
> >
> > From the message, this looks a lot like Firefox plugins are involved.
> > Can you try turning off your plugins one by one to try and identify the
> > significant one?
>
> Absolutely no plugins installed. "about:plugins" refers to a disabled
> "OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco Systems, Inc." somewhere below
> ~/.mozilla, but deleting that doesn't change anything.

Hum, that's interesting, then - I was going on the source context:

unconfined_u:unconfined_r:mozilla_plugin_t

I guess maybe some other files in Firefox have that context, even
though it looks specific to plugins?

Anyhow, there's an obvious thing to do since you have an AVC: try with
SELinux in permissive mode. If that makes the crash go away, seems like
a good indicator your crash is caused by the denial, so then go ahead
and file a bug for the denial using setroubleshoot...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey