Re: Fedora 26 Alpha 1.5 compose check report

On Wed, 29 Mar 2017 16:42:05 +0200
GERHARD GOETZHABER <shmouftler1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Me, I operate an fc27 Rawhide and since RC3 have seen one of my six
> CPU cores (FX6300 on Sabertooth 990FX) being 99% engaged all the
> time, but without any underlying zombie process recognized by the
> task manager: I know about just from watching the Gkrellm system
> monitoring tool and from failing printer connections.

Could this be because the 4.11, actually all rawhide, kernels are
usually debug enabled? I think that creates and monitors lots of
testing output in the kernel.  There are warnings about that occurring
in the configuration setup, anyway.

> Albeit, the 4.11 kernel CAN work right because I set up an openSUSE
> Leap 42.2 with just the same edge kernel version (from SUSE's special
> kernel repository), and over there the operational results appear
> continuously left free from any CPU load failures respectively
> overdrives ...

I run a custom compiled 4.11 kernel from the koji src.rpm, and I see
about 1-2% load moving from core to core when the system is idle, on
F25. That's version rc4.git0.1 of 4.11.