Re: Last released kernel

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 2:07 AM, Russel Winder <russel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I appreciate that Rawhide always has the latest kernel snapshot as the
> one and only kernel and that it is up to users to manage their own
> kernels. However I wonder if there should be a simple, standard way of
> being able to install the last released kernel, perhaps a package last-
> release-kernel or something.
>
> The problem for me is that the release kernel only ever seems to be in
> Rawhide for one day, and if I miss updating on that day, I have missed
> capturing that kernel – it just happened with 4.10 so I am stuck with
> an rc8 rather than the release. (And 4.11 won't actually work for a few
> rcs yet, same for every new kernel.)

In dnf.conf add an exclude for the kernel, and then just manually
install them from koji. So you download kernel kernel-core and
kernel-modules RPMs from koji, then you can do 'dnf install *rpm'
while in the same directory that has the RPMs and it'll install them.

What you want to do isn't really possible right now I think. Fedora 24
and 25 are still on 4.9 kernels, they haven't rebased to 4.10. So
there is no repo with 4.10 in it, and in fact 4.10.1 has not been
built yet.

--
Chris Murphy