Re: problem in F25 shutdown process

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017 14:29:02 -0700
stan <stanl-fedorauser@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A little investigation showed that I don't use plymouth, so I purged
> it root and branch.  A subsequent reboot without the systemd debug
> options showed no delay.  I'm taking this as confirmation that the
> problem was the plymouthd daemon.

Subsequent experience (it's still happening) indicates that this was
not the problem.  The only fix that seems to work is to use the kernel
debug line for systemd.  I removed the enforcing=0, and type
setenforce 0 just before I shutdown.  Then, the shutdown occurs
quickly, so the actual errors causing the delayed shutdown aren't in
the log.

Quick glimpses as the actual messages of what is causing the delay
flash by on the screen shows most of the messages are from systemd and
I think I saw an auditk message, but it is so fast it is hard to read.
There are only about a dozen lines in the delayed messages, but with
the delay, the screen is blank by the time I could react, even to take
a photo.