Re: Inconsistency in F25 between installed groups and installable groups

On Fri, 28 Oct 2016 16:26:01 +0200
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi f25 guys,
>
> seeing a problem in f25 if I try to install the lxde desktop group:
>
> 1. rpm -qa|grep -i lxde
>   (empty output, in my eyes it seems no lxde package is installed)

When I do the equivalent, the 3 packages below show up.

> My question: Is lxde installed, or not?

I run lxde as my principal desktop.  These are the only packages
installed that have lxde in the name.

imsettings-lxde-1.7.2-1.fc25.x86_64
lxde-common-0.99.1-1.fc25.noarch
lxde-icon-theme-0.5.1-2.fc24.noarch

Does the program /usr/bin/startlxde exist on your system?

> If try to login, no lxde desktop variant is offered.
>
> I remember that a had similar dnf problems in f24 if I tried to
> install desktop groups.
>
> Any help?

What if you start in multiuser mode (old runlevel 3), login, and run
startlxde from a terminal?

Is this an upgrade rather than a clean install?  Is it possible that at
the time of the upgrade a new lxde wasn't available, so the old one was
deleted leaving an artifact behind still indicating that lxde group is
installed, but it is actually gone?