Re: Installation validation test change proposal: merge USB tests into 'default boot and install', add more environment columns

On Thu, 2016-10-27 at 06:56 -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:
> Just to have an idea, say that we have both VM* columns fully covered
> by OpenQA, but for DVD columns with have just a single BIOS+UEFI
> result for Workstation Live. Would that be sufficient for Beta? What
> do we consider "a reasonable coverage"?

Mmm, I kinda wanted to leave it a bit vague to give us wiggle room, but
I did put some guidelines in the text:

"at least some testing for all three media types, both firmware types,
and each major class of deliverable (netinst, live and DVD)"

But yeah, I think we can kinda work it out as we go along.

As it seems people are generally OK with the current version of the
proposal, I'm gonna go ahead and implement it now. I'm totally open to
discussing downgrading the importance of optical media in future, but I
think we can make that a separate thing.

Thanks for the feedback!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey