Report about fc25/26 boot bug id 1367321, as requested

Hi, this is Gary the Lord High Shmouftler!

My system contains of an FX6300 running slightly tuned by 3.9 GHz on an ASUS TUF board Sabertooth FX990 with 4 SAS HDs each 1 TB on RAID (No. 5 and lastly 1E, with 3 disks + 1 spare) connected to a Promise SuperTrak EX8760T PCIe card, the first logical drive (of 5 the RAID was split into) wearing / as well as /boot and bios_grub* to start my fc26, besides a removable 2 TB SATA III HD and a blueray writer both plugged to the motherboard's inbuilt controller. That machine in general works really fine together with quite a lot of GNU/Linux distros I've tested hard for it's a 2 years now (same-same with Windows from Server 2003 over 7 and Server 2008 R2 up to 8.1 and Server 2012 R2 but meantime reasonably littered them all).

Therein the concerning bug - instant reboot just off the called GRUB entry - DID have hit continuously. Though happened on fc26 used by myself, I think it refers to the same reason as on fc25 because the event started after reboot from the kernel's upgrade to 4.8, despite that system's operation had been nothing to be called but excellently before, even on KDE environment (with a pretty lot of software installed), me, I always prefer.

I hope this will help you going onward!

Best greetings, and be the Ancients with you,
Gary

* I must use GRUB2 for UEFI obviously does not find a logical drive on that RAID by the NVRAM entry that is created by the Fedora installer. However, exclusively working on Linux the outcome of GRUB2 seems to be completely equivalent to UEFI booting. Though it would probably be worth to know how to create an acting UEFI call for a drive connected to that RAID controller (containing a certain PCIe address as I suppose) ...