Group join process tweak proposal

Hi folks! As discussed at today's QA meeting, I drafted up a couple of
tweaks to the QA/Join page and a new SOP for sponsoring new members. As
wiki login seems to be broken at the moment, I'll just send the texts
here for review.

Here's the changes to QA/Join. First of all, I made a small change to
the list of 'actions' near the start of the page. Here's the new text:

* [[#self-introduction|Introduce yourself]] to the team!
* Create a [https://bugzilla.redhat.com/createaccount.cgi Bugzilla Account] (ideally using the same address as the one associated with your FAS account)
* Join {{fpchat|#fedora-qa}} IRC channel on Freenode

* [[#self-introduction|Introduce yourself]] to the team!
* Create a [https://bugzilla.redhat.com/createaccount.cgi Bugzilla Account] (ideally using the same address as the one associated with your FAS account)
* Join {{fpchat|#fedora-qa}} IRC channel on Freenode

==============

I also propose adding this short new bit of text at the bottom of the
'self-introduction' section:

==============

If you send a self-introduction mail at the same time as you apply to
the FAS group, a group sponsor will approve your membership right away.
If you do not, a sponsor will contact you directly to confirm your
interest before approving your group membership.

==============

That's it for the QA/Join changes. Here is the full text of my proposed
SOP for sponsoring new members (this is for people who are sponsors):

==============

{{header|qa}}

This SOP documents how new members of the [[QA]] group should be
verified and sponsored.

== Checking for applicants ==

All group members with sponsorship rights should receive an email
whenever someone applies to the group. The email comes from
{{code|accounts AT fedoraproject DOT org}} and has a subject like
{{code|Fedora 'qa' sponsor needed for (username)}}. You can also view
all outstanding membership requests on the [https://admin.fedoraproject
.org/accounts/group/view/qa FAS group page].

== Verifying applicants ==

If the applicant subscribes to the {{fplist|test}} mailing list and
sends a self-introduction mail - and the self-introduction mail seems
genuine and not just auto-generated - this is enough to consider the
applicant genuine and approve the application. If the applicant is
already an active Fedora contributor in other teams, and you as a
sponsor can verify that, this also is sufficient verification.

Otherwise, we must contact the applicant somehow to verify they are a
real person and genuinely interested in joining the QA team.

=== IRC ===

If someone who's clearly the applicant is active on IRC and you confirm
interest with them there in normal conversation, this is sufficient
verification and their application can be approved.

=== Email ===

If the applicant does not send a self-introduction mail and is not
obviously an existing Fedora contributor or active on IRC, a sponsor
should contact them via email to confirm their interest. When making
contact by email, you '''must''' ensure the mail is also sent to
{{code|qa-sponsors AT fedoraproject DOT org}}, in order to let all the
other sponsors know that you are contacting applicants and avoid
duplicate contacts.

Here is a template you can use for these contacts:
{{pre|
Hi there! Thank you very much for applying to the Fedora QA team, we
appreciate your volunteering. Unless we missed it, you have not sent a
self-introduction mail to the mailing list, so we just need to confirm
your interest before approving your membership. Could you please
confirm that you are interested in joining the Fedora QA team, and you
have read and understood https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Join ? If
so, please reply, and feel free to tell us a little about yourself too,
if you like. Thanks again!
}}

In all cases, set the {{code|Reply-to}} of your email to the {{code|qa-
sponsors}} address. When contacting a single applicant, please address
the mail to the applicant, and CC the {{code|qa-sponsors}} address.
When contacting multiple applicants at once, please address the mail to
{{code|qa-sponsors}} and '''BCC''' (not CC) the applicants, to avoid
disclosing their email addresses to each other. If you do this, please
ensure you contact ''all'' currently-waiting applicants, so other
sponsors will know that all applicants up to the time of your email
have been contacted.

Once an applicant provides a reasonable response to the contact mail,
their application can be approved.

== Sponsoring applicants ==

Once an applicant has been verified, approving their application is
simple: all you have to do is click ''Sponsor'' in the FAS interface.
No other action is needed at this time, and any sponsor may sponsor a
properly-verified applicant.