Re: Pungi 4 milestone builds: proposals

On Wed, 2016-03-09 at 13:57 -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:

> So if "RC-1.8" passes all tests and is a go, how is this renamed? Or
> is it not renamed?

> I assume you don't want to do a production compose at this point
> because then it's a compose that isn't tested, while ostensibly
> identical the process has any number of non-deterministic aspects to
> it, right? If so, is there an foreseen consequence of just renaming
> the filename of the ISOs? Or does the final distributed ISO need to
> retain the "RC-1.8" add-on?

I believe Dennis' position is that the RC is *exactly what we ship* -
we don't rebuild or rename the images. We just sync the entire tree
exactly as is into the release location. So it wouldn't be a directory
called '24-RC-1.8' or whatever any more, but the image filenames and
volume labels would still contain that identifier, if they originally
did.

> It's sort of a minor point. There are build artifacts now as a single
> digit since I think Fedora 20, that don't mean anything to the outside
> world (e.g. for workstation it's 21-5, 22-3, 23-10 for the past three
> releases). But I don't think they hurt anything really, so if this
> RC-1.8 add-on is in the distributed ISO, it's only very slightly
> crusty.

Right, exactly.
-- Adam WilliamsonFedora QA Community MonkeyIRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | XMPP: adamw AT happyassassin . nethttp://www.happyassassin.net