Re: criterion proposal: upgrading across 2 releases

>A month is a pretty long time in Fedora development

True, but a month is only available if the problem is reported on day 1.
If it takes a week or two for a user to report a problem, that interval
lessens the remaining time to EOL.

On the other hand, there is no prohibition against a fix after EOL.

We also do not know there will be serious problems.  We know it is
impossible to test more than a miniscule fraction of possible upgrade
cases.  That does not mean there will be lots of bugs, it means we have
little confidence the test plan has found most bugs.  We might say there
is no reason to believe experience with the current release will be any
worse than the last.

As far as I know, this is the first time "dnf system-upgrade" has been
generally available for a release-skip upgrade.  It is way too early to
have any historical perspective.