Re: Again? The password

On 07/29/2015 02:10 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
Well, if we are still talking about anaconda initial password behavior,
it only affects people installing from the gui, not kickstart users.
Also, there's a way to customize it (for both), and also you can change
it to whatever you like after you install. I'm not sure this was
"disliked by the more experienced".

I would appreciate more info on these options.

I currently use the kickstart option to set initial passwords, is there something else?

How could I customize the password settings for installing from the gui?

I also couldn't find any way to do it after installation.
system-config-authentication didn't seem to be able to disable the password quality checks. I have to directly modify the pam.d files to remove pwquality, which is a rather unfortunate drastic measure.