Re: git / git-core conflicts - please don't delete bodhi tickets

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 11:07:57 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

> > > However, it's much more likely to cause Bodhi to get confused
> > > between
> > > the multiple 'competing' updates for the same package, and to cause
> > > the
> > > problem where an older update gets pushed over a newer one.
> >
> > That's why one can "unpush" updates, too.
>
> Sure, but not everyone does. (And I think it's still possible for an
> 'unpushed' update to get autokarma pushed if someone votes for it late
> or by accident, though I'm not 100% sure.)

And editing an update is free of such race conditions?

A test update that's going to be _replaced_ because of negative feedback
is very unlikely to receive late karma and get autopushed. It's safer
and cleaner to add the fixed update with a new ticket and unpush the bad
one (if bodhi doesn't obsolete it automatically). The new update won't be
pushed before the old bad one. Unless it's added with a ridiculously low
karma threshold and people voting on it before it appears in the repo.