Re: git / git-core conflicts - please don't delete bodhi tickets

On Thu, 2015-06-18 at 15:33 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 15:15:46 +0200, Petr Stodulka wrote:
>
> > I remove some tickets?? I edit existing one for newer version
> > git-2.4.3-3 which fix it and add it into this one with ne request.
>
> Ah, that explains it!
>
> > Or I should create another one?
>
> That's what I would recommend -- I don't make the rules, however. ;-)
>
> Else the old tester comments and votes pile up and make the entire
> ticket
> less readable and more confusing. Bodhi is clever enough to reset the
> karma
> level when editing the ticket, but the old votes are still displayed
> in
> a misleading way.
>
> Creating a new ticket is a clean start while not "hiding" the
> previous
> release(s).

However, it's much more likely to cause Bodhi to get confused between
the multiple 'competing' updates for the same package, and to cause the
problem where an older update gets pushed over a newer one.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey