Re: Shutdown after updates?

On 29/04/15 02:41, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 04:38:00PM +0200, Łukasz Posadowski wrote:
Another strange issue with F22. I bootet and the offline update procedure
started (without me having started it knowingly). When done, it said it
would shutdown after updates, and it really turnt off the machine instead
of rebooting.
What has happened there? Is this configurable?
You probably left "install updates" checkbox on when you turned computer off using gnome menu. Easiest way to disable this is uninstall gnome-software.
Wow, that's a big hammer.

Yeah, I used to use GNOME 2 - GNOME 3 forced me to xfce, now I'm using Mate. Both xfce & Mate are much more customisable than GNOME 3, and don't try and get in your way - I have 35 virtual desktops, and 2 highly customised panels which auto hide

On F21 and earlier I ran yum from the command line, better diagnostics and control. For F22, am using dnf.

Cheers,
Gavin