Re: Release criterion proposal: "Package sets" (Alpha and Beta)

On 01/23/2015 11:25 AM, Mike Ruckman wrote:
On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 04:20:48PM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
Hum, so thinking about it a bit further, I'd like to add one more
thing to this proposal.

On reflection I think we *should* require install of release blocking
desktops and minimal package set to work with the frozen release
package set, because I can see cases where it would be important to be
able to fire off an install and be 100% confident you're not going to
have package set issues; people may want to use the frozen repo for
that purpose, so they're sure updates won't introduce any new problems.

We also seem to be pretty much committed to still having the universal
network install image, now - at least for F22.

So, to cover those goals, propose we basically move the existing Alpha
criterion to Final, with a tweak to refer to the network install image
and the frozen repos specifically:

When installing with the network install image with no update
repositories enabled, the installer must be able to install each of
the release blocking desktops, as well as the minimal package set.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

  - Reword the alpha criterion [0]
  - add a Beta criterion (with the latest extension) [1]
  - add a net-install Final criterion [2]

I don't see anything worrisome about any of these changes. Gives us
good, well defined areas we know we want covered.

--

[0] "When installing with a release-blocking dedicated installer image, the
installer must be able to install the default package set."

[1] "When installing with a release-blocking dedicated installer image, the
default package set must be correct, and choosing a different package set must
work."

[2] "When installing with the network install image with no update repositories
enabled, the installer must be able to install each of the release blocking
desktops, as well as the minimal package set."

+1 for the proposal, and thank you Mike for summing it up so well.

--
Greylocks

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

This e-mail may contain confidential information of the sending organization.
Any unauthorized or improper disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
contents of this e-mail and attached document(s) is prohibited.
The information contained in this e-mail and attached document(s) is intended
only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately
by e-mail and delete the original e-mail and attached document(s).