Re: Release criterion proposal: "Package sets" (Alpha and Beta)

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 04:20:48PM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

> Hum, so thinking about it a bit further, I'd like to add one more
> thing to this proposal.
>

> On reflection I think we *should* require install of release blocking
> desktops and minimal package set to work with the frozen release
> package set, because I can see cases where it would be important to be
> able to fire off an install and be 100% confident you're not going to
> have package set issues; people may want to use the frozen repo for
> that purpose, so they're sure updates won't introduce any new problems.
>
> We also seem to be pretty much committed to still having the universal
> network install image, now - at least for F22.
>
> So, to cover those goals, propose we basically move the existing Alpha
> criterion to Final, with a tweak to refer to the network install image
> and the frozen repos specifically:
>
> When installing with the network install image with no update
> repositories enabled, the installer must be able to install each of
> the release blocking desktops, as well as the minimal package set.
> --
> Adam Williamson
> Fedora QA Community Monkey
> IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | XMPP: adamw AT happyassassin . net
> http://www.happyassassin.net

Just to sum it up for people, the proposal overall is:

 - Reword the alpha criterion [0]
 - add a Beta criterion (with the latest extension) [1]
 - add a net-install Final criterion [2]

I don't see anything worrisome about any of these changes. Gives us
good, well defined areas we know we want covered.

--

[0] "When installing with a release-blocking dedicated installer image, the
installer must be able to install the default package set."

[1] "When installing with a release-blocking dedicated installer image, the
default package set must be correct, and choosing a different package set must
work."

[2] "When installing with the network install image with no update repositories
enabled, the installer must be able to install each of the release blocking
desktops, as well as the minimal package set."

--
// Mike