Re: Emacs (was: Some F21 Alpha impressions)

On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 8:46 PM, Jonathan Corbet <corbet-ft@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Oct 2014 19:46:32 +0200
> drago01 <drago01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Jonathan can you try to install gnome-tweak-tool and set the scaling
>> factor to 1 (warning: everything will be smaller) to verify that
>> (default is 0) ?
> It was already set to 1 — dunno how it got there, but that's what I
> had.  It won't let me go below 0.5, seemingly.

The scaling factor I talking about is an integer it cannot go to 0.5
... I am currently not in front of a F21 system so not sure how
exactly it is labled in tweak tool but it should be there.

> Anyway, at 1, the reported size of the emacs window does appear to be
> half of reality; I get a "normal" window when it thinks the window is
> 40 characters wide.  Not that it has trouble displaying 80 characters
> within it...

That's odd but apparently it seems that emacs uses gtk3 so you could
only set the scaling for emacs using

GDK_SCALE=1 emacs

Do you have a screenshot of the wrong looking emacs?