Re: What's wrong with Fedora 21 GNOME?

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 09:06:47 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> > Rawhide has broken into pieces regularly before that. It's still a
> > dumping ground, where packagers release builds they haven't even
> > tried to start themselves.
>
> Well, I have been running rawhide full time here, and I wouldn't say
> that. There has been breakage, but IMHO it's all be reasonably minor
> and easy to work around. Perhaps it's more so with your HW?

There's no reason to believe my HW is the culprit.

> Without more details it's hard to say more here...

The primary problem with Rawhide and repository mirror propagation times
is: you can get the "wrong" builds, e.g. a set of updates that breaks your
system, while developers (or packagers) have submitted a new build (or
even a hot-fix) already that is supposed to fix a problem after the next
compose. But you don't receive that one fast enough, or you get a mix of
"bad" updates while those that can update daily without delays probably
won't see the problem. Similarly, if one doesn't update daily, there's the
risk that one updates an installation at a "wrong" point of time and
receives the bad stuff.