Re: DNF utils package?

On 6/13/2014 5:50 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-06-13 at 17:13 -0400, David wrote:

>>> It's a bit pointless to say you 'use yum-utils' or not, because
>>> yum-utils is a big grab bag of a whole bunch of stuff. It'd be most
>>> useful for people to note which yum-utils they use *precisely* which do
>>> not yet have a dnf equivalent.
>>>

>> I *think* what Frank is saying is that *before* Fedora bails on YUM for
>> dnf there should be similar (better?) tools. That is unless dnf does not
>> crap out like YUM does from time to time. Or Fedup stops failing for
>> some users. My 2 cents.
>
> What I'm saying is that there really isn't much that links the tools in
> yum-utils. Some of them are very important. Some of them probably
> aren't. It would help the dnf devs and others with prioritizing the
> development of replacements to know which ones are the most important.

Okay then. I have said before this 'stuff' is above my pay-grade. I
don't do this 'stuff' for a living.

So you (someone) should come up with some instructions so that Joe
Average User (me), or Jane Average User, can learn to write a RFE
(name?) to bugzilla. Or where Joe User (me), or Jane Average User, can
politely contact the devs. Not 'how do I' questions. But 'what about
this' suggestions.

Me (Joe Average User) still has a bad taste in my mouth from how Redhat
5.2 help lists treated me when I finally got it installed and working
and I asked Newbie questions. That got me switched to another, more
friendly, distribution. You should remember it. You were "The Club
Monkey" there. When it 'died' and some devs forked it I still followed
them. It works well BTW.

Please don't let Fedora improve itself to destruction.

You have a good day Adam.
--

  David