Re: Draft 'test outline' for Server product (what will be the broad scope of Server testing?)

On Sat, 26 Apr 2014 07:47:09 +0000
"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>

> >  From working with the Cloud WG, I haven't gotten even a whiff of
> > the impression the plan is to create a thing and dump it on QA
> > waiting for "testing" to happen - and I don't think any of the
> > other WGs are working under that assumption either. Everyone
> > involved in .next wants to produce solid products and from what
> > I've seen everyone knows testing of those products is involved.
>
> The Cloud WG is just managing themselves as it should be and had
> started their own QA initiative with "Red" leading that effort and is
> in a momentum which is why it came as a surprise when we suddenly
> assigned QA people to draft a test plan and interrupt that process
> and momentum ( hence my mail on the 14 ) and now you have taken
> ownership of his ticket as opposed to us just continue to observer,
> see where they would go with that and if other WG's would not follow
> their lead  ( and us strongly indicating to other WG's they should be
> following the clouds lead ).

I didn't just "take" his ticket - I talked to Red first, asking if there
was anything I could help out with. He suggested I take the ticket if I
wanted to work on it (since he hadn't started it yet) and that
he'd polish up whatever pieces I missed.

> "I know I haven't been around long, but from what I've seen we have a
> really solid team across the Fedora Project that will work together
> to make things happen and produce a well tested, solid release for
> Fedora 21 (in all it's flavors)."
>
> Just given it a few more release cycle and that newbie blindness will
> wear off ;)
>
> JBG

I dunno - I've worked with some dysfunctional teams in the past, and
Fedora doesn't strike me as one of them. But hey, if in a couple
releases I suddenly change my mind on the impression I have of Fedora
and it's users/contributors, I'll buy you a beer next time I'm in your
neck of the woods. :)

// Mike