Re: Introduction

On 04/01/2014 05:33 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 10:34:21AM +0530, Amita Sharma wrote:
help. When time permits I do some testing, participate in test days,
give karma on bodhi.
But I always wanted to involve in some kind of activity which makes
people aware about Fedora and how they can contribute as a tester (I
am still learning though).
I am good at presentation skills(atleast that's what I am confident about).
Cool. That's definitely a great way to contribute. Have you you looked at
the Fedora Ambassadors group <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors>
or at Fedora Marketing <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing>? These
parts of the project are basically focused on that sort of thing.

There are lot many people who wants to contribute but don't know
from where and how to start and needs guidance, specially when it
comes to testing.
Many young brilliant brains in colleges, techie but shy women,
people who don't know any programming but want to contribute..there
is huge crowd actually.
Yes there is, and this an area where we could do a lot better as a project.
For working on this issue in specific, check out
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Women> -- there is a mailing list with some
light activity.

There is also the Feodra Welcome SIG
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Welcome_SIG>, which got off to a promising
start but could use some love and attention. Getting that restarted would be
a valuable project in itself!

This is very useful information, Thank you Matthew.

Regards,
Amita