automatic partitioning

I have been following the discussions about the workstation
part of Fedora.next and as anaconda installer was mentioned
as the model of things to come I tried an install of Rawhide
from a nightly build (this was not succesfull due to kernel
errors, but that is not relevant here).

I do hope this version is not the sign of things to come
with regard to 'automatic partioning': it is no longer
possible to choose 'standard partitions' here. Anaconda
just blazes ahead with 'LVM'. (Custom partioning does
still provide this choice I see).

Now I can understand using LVM on servers and of course it
would be nice to have on some desktops or even some laptops
for certain eventualities and for some users.

But a lot of users are quite happy with 'fixed' solutions,
especially on laptops, and might not like this unnecessary
complication. And do not like or need LVM.

I certainly don't and would like to see this option back
for 'automatic partitioning' so that I don't have to do
the unnecessary extra work involved with custom partitioning.

I have no need of special disk layouts so I mostly do
quick uncomplicated default installs with automatic partitioning.

AV