Re: fedora in 2013

On Mon, 2014-01-06 at 20:20 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 01/06/2014 05:42 PM, Tim Flink wrote:
> >   I want to focus on getting the base
> > automation working well so that we can go to the WGs with "here's our
> > automation system and this is how you write tasks for it. we'll help
> > with getting tasks run but you all need to maintain the ones specific
> > to you and commit to keeping an eye on the output".
> >
> > Anyhow, that's the plan in my head. I'm sure there'll be bumps in the
> > road and changes before it's all said and done but it's a start:)
>
> Yes but to be able to work on it requires man power and time and the man
> power is short and the time even shorter ;)
>
> If we want to free time to work on stuff like this Anaconda release
> cycle and testing must be finished before alpha or dealt with after beta.

At the RH resource level, we've been trying to insulate Tim and Kamil
from the validation testing process as much as possible to free them up
to work on Taskotron (and other tooling projects). If you check the F20
validation testing records, you'll see relatively little input from Tim
and Kamil, so this is at least one thing we did _relatively_ well on
with Fedora 20.

Of course, anything else we can do to free up not just Tim and Kamil,
but anyone else with the necessary knowledge and skills, to contribute
to tooling work is a good thing.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey