Re: fedora in 2013

On 01/06/2014 09:16 PM, Tim Flink wrote:
On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 20:20:45 +0000
"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 01/06/2014 05:42 PM, Tim Flink wrote:
   I want to focus on getting the base
automation working well so that we can go to the WGs with "here's
our automation system and this is how you write tasks for it. we'll
help with getting tasks run but you all need to maintain the ones
specific to you and commit to keeping an eye on the output".

Anyhow, that's the plan in my head. I'm sure there'll be bumps in
the road and changes before it's all said and done but it's a
start:)
Yes but to be able to work on it requires man power and time and the
man power is short and the time even shorter ;)
True, but I look at it as an investment - costly in the short term but
will yield benefits in increased testing of Fedora and increased sanity
for qa folks

If we want to free time to work on stuff like this Anaconda release
cycle and testing must be finished before alpha or dealt with after
beta.
Sure, that could end up being useful but it's but one piece of the
puzzle. It looks like 2014 is going to be an interesting year with all
the potential changes coming up. Summing all that up as "everything
would be OK if we could just change anaconda's dev/release cycle" is a
bit simplistic and a touch naive.

To you it might seem naive to be it's a key factor since once the needed changes have been made to Anaconda's release cycle we will see how much free resources we have and where we can allocate those resources like to what extend we need push work into their relevant sub-community and what's needed for the QA community members role ( testing/triaging ) etc.

JBG