Re: xfce does not remember saved sessions on Fedora 20

On 12/14/2013 01:15 PM, nonamedotc wrote:
> On 12/14/2013 11:20 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> Also, from re-reading the info in this thread, in addition to the
>> xfce4-terminal bug, it sounds like perhaps recently all gnome based
>> stuff isn't saving at all?
>>
>> (liferea, gnome-terminal, etc)
>>
>> I wonder if something changed recently in gtk3 session saving... will
>> try and look into it.
>>
>> kevin
>>

> One more observation - Thunderbird behavior is funny. It gets restored
> correctly if it is **not** minimized to notification icons region (using
> Firetray extension).
>
> * If thunderbird is "iconized" at the time of closing the session, it is
> not restored.
>
> * If thunderbird is open or minimized to panel or simply inactive - it
> is restored correctly.
>
> Thanks for looking in to this Kevin! Cheers.

The Mozilla apps (Firefox, Thunderbird) save their own sessions. They
should start up where you left off, unless you've customized either
application.

Although, as I'm writing this, I realized that when you said "restored",
I'm not quite sure if you mean restored upon login, or restored upon
restarting the application.

--
Dan Mossor
Systems Engineer at Large