automatic promotion of freeze exceptions?

Do we or should we have a policy of automatically promoting unfixed freeze
exceptions from Alpha to Beta, or Beta to Final? The concept doesn't make
sense for blockers, since those have to be fixed at each stage before going
to the next, but FEs don't.

On a related note, I've noticed a tendency in blocker meetings to ask
reporters to repropose bugs as blockers for later stages. I thought it had
been decided that when reasonable, that should be done immediately when
blockers are rejected, so they don't fall through the cracks.