Re: GNOME Shell freeze

Michael Schwendt ha scritto / said the following il giorno/on 02/11/2013 13:14:
Is this reproducible by anyone?

1. open a single gnome-terminal
2. log in as root via "su -"
3. run gedit
4. try to open gedit's Preferences via the application specific menu
    displayed on the top panel  (does it open? here, it doesn't)
5. try to trigger the "Activities" hotspot with the mouse

What happens? Here the desktop freezes completely. One can still move
the mouse, but that's all. Killing gedit and gnome-terminal doesn't
achieve anything. If killing more processes, eventually the "Oh no..."
screen appears, but upon trying to log back in at GDM, the desktop
doesn't load.

it happened today on a brand new machine (but it is running F-19), I am not sure that mouse was working, I had to issue an hard reset. I have seen that a similar bug has been reported in the past (also for other distribution). Xterm seems to solve the issue

--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F19(Schroedinger's cat) on Acer 5720

http://lugsaronno.altervista.org
http://www.campingmonterosa.com

begin:vcard
fn:antonio montagnani