Re: howto do test update?

On 31 July 2013 12:53, Neal Becker <ndbecker2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I see emacs has been updated to 24.3.  I'm pretty sure I don't want it.  I have
> built/installed 24.3 earlier, and found some problems.  Specifically, tramp
> doesn't seem to work (hangs), and I need it.
>
> Any thoughts on how I might be able to do a yum update, and then backout if I
> don't like it?
>
> I know yum has history rollback - but that would depend on being able to find
> the earlier 24.2 rpms.  Which are probably gone.  Which I find rather annoying.

The 24.2 rpms are still in
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/19/Everything/x86_64/os/Packages/e/

The src.rpm that you can use is at

http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/19/Everything/source/SRPMS/e/

This is not a test issue as far as I can tell.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.