Re: Draft terminal application test case

On Wed, 2013-07-31 at 17:54 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> >> Stuff this in beta not alpha
> >>
> >> Desktop Application testing do not belong in alpha...
> > That's determined by the release criterion, not the test case. If you
> > want to propose moving the criterion from Alpha to Beta, start a
> > separate thread for that. But personally I'd prefer it to stay at Alpha;
> > it does make sense to require the two most crucial apps for any desktop
> > to work at Alpha.
>
> How do you define a terminal as a crucial app for any desktop?
>
> Let alone at alpha when the user can always boot into the multi-user
> target for a terminal and <ctrl><alt>F2?

Honestly, just in practical terms: it's one of the main things I'd
expect to use in testing a pre-release, and that was the consensus when
we initially drafted that criterion.

Like I said, if you want to propose changing it, please start a new
thread, it'd be nice not to derail this one. This one is about the
proposed test case. We need the test case whatever level the criterion
is at.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey