Re: howto do test update?

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 14:53:08 -0400, Neal Becker wrote:

> I see emacs has been updated to 24.3.  I'm pretty sure I don't want it.  I have
> built/installed 24.3 earlier, and found some problems.  Specifically, tramp
> doesn't seem to work (hangs), and I need it.
>
> Any thoughts on how I might be able to do a yum update, and then backout if I
> don't like it?

Do you refer to Rawhide (where there is no updates-testing period) or
Fedora 19 (or older)?

  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2013-13373/emacs-24.3-9.fc19

That would have been an opportunity to give feedback. Fedora needs more
power-users, who give test feedback before an update gets marked as being
"stable".

> I know yum has history rollback - but that would depend on being able to find
> the earlier 24.2 rpms.  Which are probably gone.  Which I find rather annoying.

As a last resort, the packages will still be in koji, but the way forward would
be to report the bug you've found and fix it in an update.