Re: Revised Beta criteria up

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 08:47:24 +0000,
  "\"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson\"" <johannbg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My concern is with users with live usb and persistent storage I'm pretty sure they would like to get update notifications.

This is a pretty rare case and one for which updates need special handling as the persistant storage can fill up from updates and kernel updates won't work at all through the normal process. They need to rebuild the USB image to work around these problems. (/home can still be preserved if the device is set up with a separate /home partition.)