Re: Criterion proposal: firstboot / initial-setup / gnome-initial-setup, user creationa

On 03/23/2013 11:15 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
I don't know why you write 'never', when you couldn't create users
interactively in anaconda until F19. It's not possible in F18 or any
earlier release, you can only do it via kickstart.

I was not referring specifically to user creation anaconda/firstboot have had functionality overlap in the past for example time settings.

The intent for F19 is that initial-setup will only prompt for stuff that
you didn't do in the installer. If you set a root password and created a
user in anaconda, initial-setup won't prompt you for those. I don't know
what gnome-initial-setup's plans are.

So now we have to test not configure something in anaconda and see if initial setup picks it up or not hurray for needles complication instead of just using either the installer or the initial setup tool to completely handle this.

JBG