Re: [rawhide] install method testing wanted

On Thu, 2013-03-07 at 17:39 +1100, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-03-05 at 23:56 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > do you
> > have any suggestions for clarifying the text?
>
> Maybe just mentioning the method John used? I could add it but I'm not
> really sure how it works:
>
> The url just needs to point to a directory with repodata in it? Does
> this then become the only repository? Can you add stuff like rpmfusion
> like this? etc.
>
> Might lead to more confusion too..

Basically you point to the top level of a 'repository' as in 'an entire
Fedora release repo set', not 'a single repository like
updates-testing'. So you enter
https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/rawhide/x86_64/os/ for Rawhide.

You can't use this to 'add' repositories as things stand, because you're
entering the _only_ set of repos that will be used. If you enter RPM
Fusion there, anaconda will be trying to install an OS using only the
Fusion repos. Which obviously isn't going to work. That is one of the
limitations which the page is trying to warn people about.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey