Re: Removing Development Related Email from the Test List

On 03/01/2013 03:18 PM, Tim Flink wrote:
On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 09:20:05 +0000
"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 03/01/2013 08:19 AM, Kamil Paral wrote:
By the way, I see this topic relevant just for developers of one of
Fedora QA apps, it doesn't really influence the testers community
in any way - the email notifications influence them (and the
solution is clear there), not the trac location. So I wouldn't
waste too much time on discussions and explanations here. Let's try
the trac-defaultcc-plugin, if it doesn't work we can try something
else.
I have been looking into replacing trac with an actual request
tracker application thus starting to tie us to specific trac plugins
and any other functionality in track is a NO GO and will just hurt us
in the long run so I rather see an specific qa-devel trac instance
which could act as an bug tracker for what's being develop in the QA
Community then having us start relying to much on trac.
I don't see how using the defaultcc plugin would hurt us in the long
run any more than using trac in general would. It sends email
notifications for a compnent's tickets to a different list - so what? I
don't see how that would make any eventual migration to a new tracker
system any more or less difficult.

Out of curiosity, which tracker system are you looking into?

Best Practical RT [¹]

Upstream is active within the project and I used to run this for the university when I worked there so I know it scales pretty well .

I have just been waiting for the 4.x being included in the project which includes the mobile support.

It just got stuck in review which is why I have not a requested a resources for a test instance from infra so I can get it up and running.

JBG

1. http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/