Re: Setting wireless network printer issue

On 01/05/2013 01:50 AM, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> On Fri 04 Jan 2013 05:13:23 AM PST, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>
>> I would be puzzled too.  I suppose I wasn't clear....but I set up my HP printer using hp-setup and I am on F18 as well....
>>
>> Can you telnet to the printer as shown above?  If not, then the problem is a network issue.
>>
> $ telnet 192.168.1.67
> Trying 192.168.1.67...
> telnet: connect to address 192.168.1.67: No route to host
>
> Doing similar setting on Windows 7 works though.

Well, you really should telnet to port 9100 which is the jetdirect port.....

But, if the connection were reaching the printer and the printer port isn't being used you'd get....

telnet: connect to address 192.168.0.195: Connection refused

telnet: connect to address 192.168.1.67: No route to host   indicates a network issue of some sort.  It could be a firewall issue on the fedora side.  However, outbound connections aren't normally blocked.