Re: Setting wireless network printer issue

On Thu 03 Jan 2013 07:07:00 PM PST, Ed Greshko wrote:
What make/model of printer?

It may not be apples/oranges, but I have an HP 6500 connected via wireless.  I used hplip and had to enter the IP address since discovery failed to find it.  Working fine for both printing and scanning.

HP Photosmart eStation C150. I attempt to use hplip to connect wireless using ip address with no success. Probing network for printers. Please wait, this will take approx. 10 seconds...

warning: No devices found on the 'net' bus. If this isn't the result you are expecting,
warning: check your network connections and make sure your internet
warning: firewall software is disabled.

FirewallD is enabled, network is on.

--
Luya Tshimbalanga