Re: Please help test packages!

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 16:46:50 -1000, Erinn Looney-Triggs wrote:

> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Update_feedback_guidelines
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> Well I never knew about that handy little tool. Thanks for pointing that
> out, knocked out a bunch of them.

Here's a very important part of the Update Feedback Guidelines every
tester ought to understand:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Update_feedback_guidelines#Previously_reported_bugs

| Previously reported bugs
|
| If your testing uncovers no problems but you see that another tester has
| identified a serious problem with the package, please try to replicate
| their problem, and post negative feedback if you are now able to confirm
| it.
|
| If you are not able to confirm the problem but you suspect this may be
| because you cannot recreate the necessary conditions, please post neutral (!)
| feedback noting that you were unable to duplicate the problem. Only post
| positive feedback if you are sure your testing indicates the other
| reporter's negative feedback is a mistake.

If we don't adhere to these guidelines, we would be vote against eachother
often. Please be very careful with your feedback in bodhi if you see that
previous testers have voted -1 already.

--
Fedora release 18 (Spherical Cow) - Linux 3.6.7-5.fc18.x86_64
loadavg: 0.00 0.01 0.05