Re: Rename anaconda to cryptoconda?

On Mon, 2012-12-03 at 16:15 -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2012-12-03 11:48 (GMT-0800) Adam Williamson composed:
>
> > "A virtually constant state of frustation" is not a good basis for
> > interaction. There's lots of things that are prevalent in the world
> > which I don't like either, but if you spend all your time being
> > frustrated at them, it is going to negatively affect your wellbeing and
> > your interaction with others.
>
> Exactly. So, let's make Anaconda one less source of frustration caused by
> most of computing. Why does Anaconda's text sizing need to be smaller than
> the text sizing in the software it ships with? There's plenty space. Why not
> use it for something besides white?
>
> Like on that web site, apparently Anaconda text sizing is done absolutely in
> pixels instead of sized taking display density into account. That needs to be
> changed. That way, most could get a similar yet usable view regardless of
> local environment different from apparently youthful but naive software
> designers.

anaconda is just using the advised GTK+ chain for text rendering, so far
as I know. pango, basically. And please stop with the unwarranted
extrapolations about the personal character of designers or developers.

> > Mo is using a stock wordpress theme.
>
> The casual usability expert shopper knows this how?

It's in the URL? I don't know. If you're really concerned about her
website layout the appropriate thing to do would be to contact her
directly and express your concern. *Politely*. It's still completely
irrelevant to this discussion: using it as some kind of evidence against
her abilities as a UI designer was a needless stretch. If you want to
question the anaconda UI design, _question the design_. This will work
out a lot better from all perspectives than dragging in an entirely
unrelated issue.

I don't think we need to discuss this any further on test@. It has
nothing to do with testing Fedora. If you want to complain about a given
website's text rendering, contact that website through the appropriate
channels.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey