Re: Notes on testing F18 in an EFI environment

On 11/14/2012 07:17 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
anaconda will use the existing partition label format unless you direct
it to reformat the entire drive, in which case it'll use the preferred
format for the install you're doing. It's not possible to re-label a
drive without reformatting it. So if the drive was already MS-DOS
labelled and you picked partitioning options that didn't involve
reformatting the whole thing, that'd be expected.

The SSD was fresh from the factory. No bits were written to it prior to my first attempt at F17 install. The first F17 install attempt told me it needed to initialize the drive. I said OK and continued with install. When it was going to format (the entire drive, as no data was on it prior) anaconda said it was going to use MSDOS labeling. I exited the installer before this occured, loaded a Live image, and formatted the drive to GPT (palimpset showed no prior data or formatting).